Friday, December 12, 2008

The Affect King Tut Had On Egypt

King Tut started ruling when he was nine years old. I don't know how he did it because if I had to rule an empire when I was nine, I wouldn't do a very good job. I know that if we had a nine year old president in the United States, people would have a problem with it. I guess it was just different in Ancient Egypt. King Tut's dad was ruler before and he made everything go out of wack. Ancient Egypt is a polytheistic empire but his dad decided that he wanted to be a monotheistic empire for who knows what reason. He promoted the worship of only Ra, the sun god, leaving a big mess for King Tut to clean up. King Tut restored the worship of multiple gods and Egypt grew strong again. It was said that "celebration is throughout the whole land and good conditions have come to pass" which I'm guessing is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment