Friday, December 12, 2008

King Tut's Undisturbed Tomb

OK so really King Tut isn't all that important. He is just another pharaoh of Egypt that just so happened to restore order to Ancient Egypt even though he was only nine years old. The real thing that made King Tut well known was that his tomb in The Valley Of the Kings was the only one that was found undisturbed by grave robbers. Grave robbers would break into any tomb and steal everything including the mummy himself. I don't know about you but I think that is really creepy. When Howard Carter discovered his tomb, it was totally undisturbed so no creepers had gotten in there and stolen King Tut. Howard found a tablet in his tomb that had a curse on it. The curse read "Death shall slay with wings whoever might disturb the peace of the pharaoh." Another curse was carved into a statue that said " It is I who drive back the robbers of the tomb with the flames of the desert. I am the protector of Tutankhamen's grave." I can see why his tomb was undisturbed because if I was interested in grave robbing, which I wouldn't be, I would stay far away from a tomb that has two curses that promise death on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment